This position represents the YMCA personally, professionally and in a manner in accordance with the mission and goals of the YMCA.
Branches: Lake Otis, Southside
Status: Part time, Non-exempt
Job Title: Evening Manager on Duty
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Hourly Status: P/T
Reports to: COO
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. This position is responsible for enforcing the YMCA rules, policies and safety procedures for members, guests, and employees. The Manager on Duty may also work as a Member Services Team Member and can be responsible for providing excellent customer service while answering telephone calls, scanning member cards, assisting members and guests with questions, and referring members and guests to appropriate management staff as needed.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Ensure a safe and enjoyable environment for all YMCA members and guests.
- Responds to the individual needs of the other person.
- Provides excellent service to members, guests, and program participants in the Y and on the phone, contributing to member retention. Ensures cleanliness and organization of the facility.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with volunteers and members and helps members connect with one another and the Y.
- Serves others by intentionally welcoming, connecting, and supporting members, and inviting them to get involved and give back to the community.
- Handles and resolves membership concerns and informs Director of unusual situations or unresolved issues.
- Handles and resolves member and guest behavioral issues. Helps members and guests comply with YMCA rules and regulations.
- Applies all YMCA policies dealing with member services.
- Monitors all areas of the facility.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the facility including locker rooms.
- Previous customer service, sales, or related experience.
- CPR/AED and First Aid Certifications required within 30 days of hire.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic
segments of the community * Basic knowledge of computers.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device.
- The employee frequently is required to sit and reach and must be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
I have reviewed and understand this job description.
__________________________ ________________________________ Today’s date: ______________
Employee’s name Employee’s signature
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: From $20.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Evening shift (no later than 10:30 PM end)
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Anchorage, AK 99507: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- POS: 1 year (Preferred)
- Basic math: 1 year (Required)
- Cashiering: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (Required)
- Night Shift (Required)
Work Location: One location
**Denotes essential function of the job. The YMCA promotes an equal employment opportunity work place which includes reasonable accommodation of otherwise qualified disabled applicants and employees. Please see your manager should you have any questions about this policy or job duties.
Nothing in the job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time nor does it cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Job descriptions should never be misconstrued as an employee contract. All employees are “at will.”
The core values that guide the YMCA in fulfilling the mission and goals are: Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility. We instill these values in all programs while making healthier lives achievable for everyone.