Seibukan Jujutsu is an effective and practical martial art developed for self protection as well as personal development. It’s Japanese roots and Shiatsu healing art, make it unique among other systems. Seibukan Jujutsu is a traditional martial art for the modern day warrior – it offers ancient Japanese martial art techniques that can be effectively applied to our daily living to protect ourselves in the societies of the 21st century.
Our curriculum includes self-defense against armed and unarmed, single and multiple assailants. Pressure points, kicks and strikes to the body are used as distractions that enable us to effectively apply joint locks and throws.
We teach and practice Seibukan Jujutsu in positive and non-competitive manner that promotes self confidence, self protection and self development. The principles and philosophy of this art can be used in all aspects of day to day life.
The benefits of Seibukan Jujutsu
- Off season sports fitness
- Builds confidence, motor skills coordination, balance and flexibility
- Increases awareness to prevent and handle conflict
- Develop skills for effective self-defense
- Enhance health and fitness
- Develop coordination of mind and body
- Challenging activities
- Uses energy not strength
- Safe environment to learn and grow
- Develop physical skills for self-protection
- Build self-confidence, self-reliance, and self-discipline
- Identify potential conflicts or dangerous situations
- Make friends and have fun in healthful activities
- Express and direct energy in a positive and supportive atmosphere
- Non competitive
- Parent participation encouraged
What makes Seibukan Jujutsu different from other martial arts?
The most important difference is that it is that Seibukan Jujutsu was developed to meet the needs of today’s world. Adapting to what is in our lives now while retaining the proven techniques of earlier times.
Is there competition in Seibukan Jujutsu?
There is no competition or tournaments in Seibukan Jujutsu. It as a traditional Japanese martial art not a sport, and as such is taught in the traditional manner. Training to win trophies narrows the focus of the participant and does not leave them the freedom to learn what Jujutsu offers.
Is Seibukan Jujutsu an effective self-defense tool?
Yes, not only are the techniques proven to be effective Seibukan Jujutsu also gives the student a greater sense of awareness and additional skills that can keep them from being seen as a victim.
Will I get a good work out?
Yes, you will have a good work out. You will sweat, become more flexible, acquire a greater sense of balance and learn how to correctly move your body.
When are classes?
Mondays: Children ages 8-10. 6:30-7:30 P.M.
Tuesdays / Thursdays: Youth Ages 10-14. 6:30-7:30 P.M.
Tuesdays / Thursdays: Adults Ages 14+. 7:30-8:30 P.M.
Thursdays: 8:30-9:30 Self Defense. Ages 14+ 8:30-9:30
For more information: Give us a call at 907-563-3211