This position represents the YMCA personally, professionally and in a manner in accordance with the mission and goals of the YMCA.
Branches: Lake Otis, Southside
Status: Part time, Non-exempt
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, this person is responsible for providing all Membership Services such as sales, renewals, updates, and inquires. This position is weighed heavily in human relations and excellent customer service. By conducting themselves in a caring, responsible, honest and respectful manner, the Member Services Representative is a role model for staff, members, volunteers and program participants.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Customer service experience or equivalent.
- Computer skills necessary.
- Experience handling multiple phone-lines preferred.
- Previous cash-handling experience.
- Initiate a high quality of service and courtesy to all members, participants and potential members.
- Demonstrated knowledge of organizational, planning and communication skills.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Strong public relations and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently as well as a team player.
- Keep safety as a first priority. Emphasize personal safety and emotional well-being with staff, volunteers, members and program participants.
- Know Member Service Representative Responsibilities as outlined in the emergency procedures section of the Communication binder.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area maximizing efficiency and work output and ensure staff does the same.
- Takes active part in team building and general morale.
- Report all accidents/unusual incidents immediately and assists with necessary documentation
- Performs other duties as required by supervisor, remains flexible.
- Assist in telephone contact with current members, new members and potential members on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain good communication with other Staff, Managers, Directors and Supervisors.
- Follow dress code guidelines during each shift.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of all YMCA programs, membership categories and Membership options.
- Utilize good sales techniques to promote programs and memberships to the public in order to produce membership and program sales.
- Provide general information on membership and programs for all members, program participants and potential members in a professional and courteous manner in person and/or via phone.
- Maintain regular communication with co-workers, supervisor and other Directors.
- Perform all Membership operations (Greeting, sales, renewals, tours, class/program registration).
- Knows where to look for information, or whom to ask to answer questions for members.
- Maintain accurate records for all transactions.
- Answer telephones and field calls.
- Maintain a full stock of membership folders and important documents (schedules & promotions) to members at all times.
- Cash-out the front desk cash drawer.
- Report any Membership issues that arise and follows through with member and communicates resolution as necessary.
Effect on End Results
- Provide quality customer service to all members and program participants thus increasing YMCA loyalty.
- Providing customer service by resolving issues resourcefully and to the member’s satisfaction.
- Helping reach membership and program goals.
**Denotes essential function of the job. The YMCA promotes an equal employment opportunity work place which includes reasonable accommodation of otherwise qualified disabled applicants and employees. Please see your manager should you have any questions about this policy or job duties.
Nothing in the job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time nor does it cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Job descriptions should never be misconstrued as an employee contract. All employees are “at will.”
The core values that guide the YMCA in fulfilling the mission and goals are: Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility. We instill these values in all programs while making healthier lives achievable for everyone.