YMCAs are charitable organizations that serve people of all ages, backgrounds, abilities and incomes. The YMCA is community-based and believes that its programs and services should be available to everyone.
That’s why the YMCA of Alaska offers a scholarship program. Thanks to charitable contributions, the Y's scholarship program is a sliding fee scale designed to fit each individual’s financial situation. Our scholarship program can be applied to membership and programs like summer camp and youth sports. Everyone who qualifies will receive assistance to the greatest extent possible based on the availability of funds.
The Scholarship program has been most utilized by:
- Youth referred by schools, churches and community organizations
- Adults who are temporarily out of work
- People who are divorced or widowed and are experiencing financial hardships
- People on fixed incomes
- People who are overwhelmed by medical bills
- People experiencing other financial hardships
If you would like more information about our Financial Assistance program, contact your local YMCA today.