Find the Perfect Swim Program for You!
We use a salt ionization system to disinfect our pool. The benefits of a salt water pool is that it is easier on the skin and eyes, has a reduced chlorine smell and our patrons feel better in a salt system pool. Our pool offers a vibrant mix of swim lessons through competitive swimming; lap swimming, water fitness, recreation and family swimming. You can count on our YMCA pool staff to provide a safe environment with certified lifeguards and knowledgeable and caring instructors and coaches!
Swim Lessons and Swim Team
The YMCA has been teaching children and adults how to swim for over 100 years. Most of our swimming lessons are held weeknights and Saturday mornings. We offer a competitive swim team for those who would like to compete. Anchorage Community YMCA is a great place to swim no matter your age or ability. SWIM LESSONS MORE and SWIM TEAM MORE
We offer at least 1 lap lane most hours the pool is open. Please check the schedule for number of available open lanes. Circle swimming is expected if 3 or more wish to use the same lap lane.
Water Walking and Water Fitness classes
You may water walk or jog most times of the day. A dedicated time slot of 6:30-7:30 M/W/F. these avid walkers share 2 lanes with the evening water ex class.
Please check the current pool usage schedule for open swim times. Open swim is for swimmers who do not engage in lap swimming or any advertised YMCA class. It is available for any YMCA member to enjoy, play and or exercise in the water. Please see below posted rules for the pool and open swim.
- Any child age 5 and under MUST be in the water with a parent. Parents MUST be within an arms reach from child at all times.
- Any child between 6 and 11, MUST have a supervising adult in the pool area at all times. CHILD CANNOT SWIM UNLESS AN ADULT IS IN THE POOL AREA.
- A supervising adult must be 15 or older
- No breath holding contest, games or challenges
- Appropriate swim attire must be worn in pool. No underwear jeans or cutoffs.
- Please shower prior to pool entry
- Walk, don’t run on deck
- No rough play or throwing children
- NO DIVING AT ANY TIME
- Lifeguard has final authority!
- MORE SAFETY TIPS